Friday, February 16, 2018

Delivered! Finally.

    If you have looked at this blog for a year or so you may remember I made a top hat in May of 2017. I did it because there is a tea house here called Top Hat. I was there and the owner had crochet hangings but no tatting, so I decided to make some tatting for her. That is why I made the hat. One of the ladies at work is good with ribbon so she made the hat band for it.




    Today, the hat was delivered. Four of us, Lois, Brandi, Ava and I went to lunch. When we had finished we called the owner over and gave her the hat. She loved it! Now she wants to buy my lunch. I did not do it for that. I just wanted to get some tatting out in the public eye. I was pleased that she did like it, though.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, so elegant, it will create a talking point in the tea house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be thrilled to own a lovely piece like that, and I don't even have a tea house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Tim... just where did you find the pattern??? It's brilliant and I want to do one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This link is to my project page on Craftree. Can you get there? I did an adaptation and noted the changes here. The original is linked also.
      https://craftree.com/projects/3609

      Delete
    2. The reason I made changes is that the original pulls the rings out of shape. I added rings to make it work without distortion.

      Delete