Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Game Doily Started

    I said I was going to do it, so here we go. I want that doily from the game. It is Mary Maynard's Small Doily from a page by Georgia Seitz. It has the pattern there. I am modifying it just a bit, only size, to make it in size 20. I have worked out that the picots for the hairpin lace part should be just about one inch either side. I suppose we will find out if I am right.  I see some really good instructions, but I have a tendency to do things my way.

    So, here is a shot of the start. You have to begin with the hairpin lace. This is 1/4 the way through the hairpin lace and not taking long at all. I figure about an hour or so for the 40 rings and measured picots. I sure hope this works.

5 comments:

  1. So interesting that you spotted it and now that Mandatory knew which it was. This will be fun to watch it "come to life"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Well, of course. Challenges make it interesting instead of boring. And I like learning new techniques. Haven't done hairpin tatting, only crochet.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a really great start!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting start. I hope it works out smoothly!

    ReplyDelete