Sunday, June 25, 2017

Game Doily Round 3

    Round 3 is done. Easy really. The hardest part is remembering which ring I am making. I did get to one join and the thread split. Then I noticed that on top of that I had about 4 stitches too many. I got a little "perturbed" about that. I cut the thread, pulled it back through the ring to undo it, the sewed in the end. Then I joined a new thread and continued. I really don't mind joining in thread. I do a knotless join. It works for me and I like that it doesnt leave the bump.


I have round 4, the split rings, started. Shouldn't take too long. Then I will do the chains and be through. In size 20 Lizbeth, this is coming out to be about a 7" doily. I think it will go under my size 80 bobbin tree.

2 comments:

  1. looking good, I love it and always fun to see that it looks better than the one in the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say your "survivor doily" I do feel I have seen this somewhere on a newspaper print cut out

    ReplyDelete