Sunday, May 14, 2017

On The Form

   

Well, Mandatory guessed it. The object is a form for the top hat. Here are a couple photos of the hat mounted on the form. I have a couple of rounds to go on the brim.
    Since I have been modifying the pattern anyway, I am thinking on ending it this way:
    1. Make one round of chains around, one picot at the beginning of each and one in the middle.
    2. Make one more round of chains slightly longer, like onion rings, and do the Catherine join so I get a smooth outer edge. I think the chains might help stiffen the brim.


 Lastly I want to try to put a little curl to the sides for effect.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope the lady at the restaurant likes it.

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful!
    P.S. all the kids learned to tat and were thrilled with their "homemade" shuttles! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it will help the brim, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It's a beautiful hat, the shop owner is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete