Sunday, February 5, 2017

Not Tatting

    This morning I had planned on getting up, doing day 10 of Jane's TIAS, then spending at least the morning working on the carousel doily. This afternoon I wanted to work on my TAT program, which I have not done for a couple months. I really, really need to get it done and submitted.
    We all know the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. And they did. I haven't gotten to tatting at all, other than the TIAS, which is what I did with the morning coffee. Just as I finished the TIAS and sent it off to Jane, the wife puts dishes into the dishwasher and runs it. All over the floor.
Somehow, the machine is leaking.
    Now it is running fine again, but only because I checked out the machine and it somehow had a small hole in the side of the cabinet. That let it leak. A lot. I went to Lowe's and bought a new one and put it in. It is working fine now. Actually, we have needed a new one for some time, I was just waiting for something to mess up. Now it is 4:30 in the evening, the dishwasher is doing its first load and I think I will tat. At least until the Super Bowl starts.😉  (Hey, this thing does smilies!)

3 comments:

  1. Luvs yer smilies. Hope you get some tatting done in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear a new dishwasher is in my future too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you knew how to put in a new dishwasher yourself! My husband can do things like this and I am so grateful for him. But... it does take time! I hope you were able to tat during the game!

    ReplyDelete