Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Monday...Again

New work week. Up at 3 a.m. Always. Weekends too. Habits are hard to break. Still a bit under the weather but I have to go in. I get up early so I have an hour or so of quiet to tat and think. I think mostly about tatting at this time. My experiments this morning are not working right. I wanted a cluster of rings, but they were chained together, not the way I want them, so I will try again this evening or maybe tomorrow. I am trying to design, for once. Never did before. Just followed patterns. I have an idea in mind, but I have to get it worked out. Why do I want to do things the hard way? No photo of that though. I threw it out. On the bright side, this past Saturday I did get my apprentice pin for the Tatters Across Time. Pretty nice! I have already submitted the fee and application for phase 2. It looks like it will be a lot more challenging. I can do it. Just a matter of attitude to me.

4 comments:

  1. That's VERY early to be getting up. I only get up at that time if I've got a plane to catch!!! Congratulations on the Apprentice badge - I daren't do the TAT across time as I'm scared of failing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Tim! I've thought of doing the TAT but, like Jane, I'm afraid of failing. Have fun with it. Good luck on the designing, I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see and follow New tatting blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DH keeps asking when I will submit work for the Apprentice portion -- it's the 'old one'. Maybe when I retire ...

    Congratulations on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete