Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Got it!

I finally got what I was trying to do. Simply put, loop tatted rings. I have done them in the past but it has been a while and I kept getting it all messed up. I know what the problem was.
1. I had too many threads in front of me tangled up and making a mess
2. I was in a hurry. I was in such a hurry to make 3 rings that it only took 3 days. I need slow down and take my time to get it right.
So now I have the rings the way I want them. I am trying to work out the stitch count and ring size for some of the elements I want to use. Now I am getting somewhere. But like I said, size 20 thread is a lot easier to see than the Sulky 712 thread. Now I am going to slow down with the Sulky and see what happens. I bet it works.
By the way, the first two sets of 3 rings are using a mock ring with thrown rings. The third set is a normal ring with ltr's. They look about the same. I think that is supposed to be how it works. That extra ring was just a notion I had. I dont know if I will do that or not. Now to see how the round would look. I am not real happy with the long chains yet.


8 comments:

  1. Looking good, I have that same problem rushing though with tatting, I guess cause it is just so much fun and so many endless possibilities too! this is Carollyn from Carollyn's tatting blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, that's looking good so far, never rush your tatting, look at the pattern, go though it in your mind and then decide on the colour or colours you want to use.
    Margaret, From Margarets designer cards, I design cards but have been tatting over forty years

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the post about your blog in Craftree, Tim. The loop-tatted rings look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a designer but have created some things by accident. Love watching and reading about your process and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, folks. I am going to take a little while with this, I see. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, nice having another blog to follow! Great experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Experiments are always exciting, and you've done a fine job getting it where you want it! Love the bright variegation and of course loop tatted rings :-)

    ReplyDelete